It is very obvious that convenience is the main concern of the Travel Chanel; that and revenue. “If we’re going to inspire you, by all means you should be able to get it all done on our site. That’s on our horizon,” says Brian Stelter of New York Times reporting on a quote made by the channel’s president, Laureen Ong (Par 4). She clearly shows that the goal of the channel is to ensure that the consumers are able to do everything at one time in order to make their plans for a vacation. I feel that this is very smart of the company to do because not only do they gain tons of money by eliminating the middleman, but they also provide a more convenient and less time consuming way of booking flights and hotels to travel destinations. I am glad to see that this company cares about the needs of its consumers. If someone is going to book a trip, they do not care where the money goes, just as long as they get to their destination.
Works Cited
Stelter, Brian. "Travel Channel Invests $7.5 Million in Oyster.com." New York Times. New York Times, 24 Apr. 2011. Web. 26 Apr. 2011. <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/media/25travel.html?_r=1&bl>.
Nicky, Elven. "My Three Month Vacation | Flickr - Photo Sharing!" Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing. 22 Nov. 2009. Web. 26 Apr. 2011. <http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolala/4125650363/>.
Dear Writer,
ReplyDeleteThanks for a post that was different than the others this week. Before reading your blog, I hadn't read anything about travel and how it effects our lives.
"In order to do so, the corporation has invested $7.5 million in a website called Oyster.com" was a statement that really stood out to me. That's an awful lot of money, and it clearly shows that the Travel Channel is investing a lot into this project. I was excited to see that they could possibly care about their customers and providing the satisfaction they need.
I agree with your closing statement, "If someone is going to book a trip, they do not care where the money goes, just as long as they get to their destination." I think that's so true, even if I have never thought of it before. It's probably a statement that the Travel Channel builds off of for this new website, making their main goal is to just make sure the out-of-towner's get where they need to go and use their site to do so.
I really enjoyed this post this week, as I have reading all of the ones in the past. I want you to know that you never failed to expand on interesting topics and your writing never disappointed. Just one question, where did you get that picture of me last spring break?
Sincerely,
Baltimore Oriole
Dear Writer,
ReplyDeleteI like this post because it goes over a lot about traveling and who you pay for. I like the convince that there is now in traveling and how easy it is to do or go where ever you need to. This post this week was a good one and i really enjoyed reading it.
I agree with your last sentence, "If someone is going to book a trip, they do not care where the money goes, just as long as they get to their destination." That is true within a lot of people in America and around the world. When people go on a vacation they don't want it to be a big hassle or have to worry about a lot of things. So the Simplicity in traveling is a very big plus on going.
Sincerely,
Collard Dove